Free Shipping On Orders Over $24.99 | SAVE 10% ON YOUR NEW RING TODAY - USE CODE: BELOVED
It is natural for women to greatly appreciate beauty. Whether it comes from a bouquet of flowers, attractively designed bags, clothes and shoes or other lovely things that surround them in their daily lives. But it is a woman’s jewelry collection that indeed outshines all the others, most of the time!
But beauty in silver jewelry is not just skin deep. There is not only the design or carving of the stones to consider but the value of the metal, which is a ‘precious metal’.
Make sure that the piece jewelry you are purchasing has a ‘stamping’ or (as it is known in the industry) a ‘hallmark’ engraved on it. The hallmark will usually be in an inconspicuous area on the jewelry. This hallmark will tell you the metal content of the piece. With gold jewelry you will see hallmarks most commonly of 10K, 14K or 18K. Pure gold is 24K, where ‘K’ represents ‘Karat’. For example, 18K means that the gold content of the jewelry is 18 parts out of 24 parts. In other words, 75% of the metal is pure gold and the other 25% is made up of other metals, such as, copper or silver.
For silver jewelry the hallmark should be something like ‘925’, ‘925 Silver’ or ‘Sterling Silver’. 925 refers to the fact that silver jewelry is 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper. And this mixed metal is called ‘sterling silver’ rather than just ‘silver’. Pure silver needs to be combined with another metal because it is too soft and malleable to be made into any type of jewelry. The copper adds a bit of hardness to the pure silver so that a jeweler can create any type of design with it – from simple to intricate.
It’s important to be careful not to buy fake 925 sterling silver jewelry that is sold by untrustworthy sellers. This is a serious issue because many jewelers are known to sell fake sterling silver necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets and so on. Sterling silver is much less expensive than metals such as gold, but imitation sterling silver is commonly sold over the internet.
It is common to come across silver plated jewelry that is sold as real sterling silver jewelry. The seller will refer to it as ‘silver’ but not mention that they just mean the color is silver not the actual piece. There are also many cases where the silver content of the jewelry is less than 92.5%. It might just be 50% or less. The balance being some type of white alloy along with the copper or even brass. These types of jewelry tend to deteriorate in a short period of time.
So, it is important that you purchase your sterling silver jewelry from a reputable website company. In this way you can purchase real sterling silver and end up saving yourself a lot of trouble and your hard-earned money.
Why Choose Steven G Designs Sterling Silver Jewelry?
Steven G Designs has been in the sterling silver jewelry business since the early 2000’s. We have grown from our home base in Canada to sell throughout the world. Our silver jewelry is produced in small batches using a special process where we can have strict quality controls. We guarantee all our sterling silver is a minimum of 92.5% pure silver.
Also, we have our own in-house design team that creates fashionable and trendy pieces that are unique to the marketplace. The jewelry we create are not pieces that you see every day and worn by so many others. Our pieces, such as sterling silver earrings, pendants, necklaces and bracelets, allow you to have your own uncommon style.
We have built a long-term business with thousands of happy and satisfied customers. We want to make sure that all future customers also receive the best designs and quality of 925 sterling silver at affordable prices.
To learn more about our silver jewelry collection simply visit our website www.stevengdesigns.com. You’ll see a large variety of exclusive designs and can learn more about our company and what we have to offer.
Comments will be approved before showing up.